Sunday 5 October 2014

Much ado about Trees

Displaying Screenshot_2014-10-04-14-29-17.png
This long weekend, I decide to reward myself by devoting a post to my greatest love -- trees.

Displaying Screenshot_2014-09-18-07-59-16.png
From "L.S.O.D: Little Shop of Dreams"


I have always loved trees. Each part of the tree bears characteristics that represent all that I desire to be -- the tree extends outwards, extolling ambitiousness and curiosity; its branches reach out far and wide, reminding one to stay hungry and curious; the solidity of the trunk allows the tree to stay calm and still even in strong winds; and most of all, the tree stays rooted, firmly planting themselves where they are, never forgetting where it comes from.

Trees are a great solace to me too during this period of my life. I realised today, during my 1.5 hours bus journey on my way home  from my Ayurveda session, why I relished this long but never tiring journey. The journey on bus 52 past Adam Road, Sime Road, all the way to King Albert Park traverses along roads lined with thick foliages of trees. It is such great joy meandering down these roads with its soothing green like a balm to my weary soul. And each time I watch them wheeze past as I sit in the bus, I feel like I received a sayang from Mother Earth. Sitting on the left side of the bus, I can never get enough watching the branches of the trees extending themselves. Some do it so gracefully, looking like they never needed much effort or attention to see where they are reaching. The foliage of different trees form different visual architecture and every one is so beguiling -- I will never tire of them. I even spotted a dinosaur among these foliages!

Recently too, I received a dear gift from my good friend  -- that of a drawing of a tree. The depiction of the tree is beautiful. The bottom-up view of the tree, extending towards an open space paints a forward-looking perspective. A green expanse replaces the typical blue that would have usually formed the backdrop, depicting a strong theme of renewal. The roughness of the lean trunk is grated, solid and quiet. It extends upwards into an orange heart, reminding me to be brave.

Displaying 20141005230128.jpg
Am greatly blessed by these wonderful gifts from Mother Earth and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment