Monday 19 December 2011

Weddings

After attending the wedding of a good friend Reena on Saturday, I came to view weddings with a different pair of lenses, something which I must admit that I have never realised.

It dawned on me (probably because there is more reflective time these days, and thankfully it's not too late) that a wedding is not just an event to celebrate the union, but also a celebration of the individual (that makes up the couple). With the chance of witnessing how a good friend interacts with her family members with whom she is closest to (at a time that is so intensely personal), you get a sense of how she truly is as a person. Through interactions with her friends and colleagues, you realise how well-loved a friend is and how fortunate I have been to be able to grow with her the past 1.5 decade. By being there to celebrate the coming together of the couple, you get to know more about the person who has been chosen as the one who will be there with her in her next stage of life.

And for that, I thank my good fortune. Here's wishing my good friend Reena and her husband Gerard a lifetime of happiness in their next chapter of life together. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment