Saturday 21 January 2012

Cambodia

Cambodia is a fascinating country with a glorious past -- I never knew that during its heyday, it was the most powerful country in the Southeast Asia region.

However, as I did not have the chance to write during the trip itself, the inspiration to write is now lost unfortunately. That said, I will let my pictures do the talking.





Travelling with my new travelling partners (my uncle and his wife) and seeing things from their perspectives during this trip, is in itself an experience altogether.






Floating Village on Tonle Sap Lake



And like what my favourite travel writer  徐玫怡 says, " 人的风景"  往往是最精彩的.

A Cambodian Chinese street food vendor speaking Taiwanese-accented Mandarin



Borders, I always feel, present another world altogether. Whether it is due to the hectiness of trading across the two countries (Cambodia and Eastern Thailand), or the fact that people who are marginalised congregate there, it seems a harsher and tougher world out there.




No comments:

Post a Comment