Tuesday 10 January 2012

Travel

Travelling indeed has a way of magnifying one's inadequacies and weak spots.


And it has done precisely that on the first day of my travel. I will not go too much in detail, since I have already done that in my diary, and since a good friend advises logically and rationally (but oh so hard) that I should just move on and let go. The latter though has never been my strength. 


Yet I still want to and look forward to travelling lots despite the stress, worries and anxieties I get -- mainly because I see it as part of molding myself. That because I know I have so many weak spots and inadequacies that normal people may not comprehend, all the more I want to tackle them head-on. Just that in the process, I tend to give myself lots of grief. 


How then do I expect myself to learn positively if I am so hard on myself? I know the importance of building a positive climate for my students during their learning process, yet I often fail to do that (and I suspect sometimes, deliberately) for myself.


And since no one forces me to do all these, shouldn't I be embracing every moment, no matter how bad it is (i can only hope every bad experience would not turn out too bad)?


So yes, I will learn to treat every encounter, every experience as part of the adventure. I may not enjoy (and certainly do not expect to enjoy every aspect of the adventure) but know that I will have the good sense and good spirits to take it in my stride.



1 comment:

  1. Awwwww how I envy you, I'm like a busy bee in the office now (taking a break to read blogs haha!) while you are flying around somewhere out there! We look forward to you coming back sis! :D And dont forget my present heh!

    ReplyDelete